|Standard not met||Reason||Action being taken by the Pharmacy||By when||Notification By Pharmacy Improvements Made|
The pharmacy's stock is not well organised, and it cannot always demonstrate that it carries out enough checks to show that medicines are suitably stored and fit for supply.
• Check short dated stock lists recorded on the electronic date checking system against the stock in the dispensary and ensure all OOD stock removed from shelving.
• Out of hours working to be arranged to complete full date check of dispensary and MDS room and reorganise and tidy the shelving units.
• Additional shelving units to be installed to account for the increase stock of bulky items required by care home patients.
• Team meeting to discuss date checking process and re-train colleagues to ensure correct process adhered to at all times (short dated stock identified, recorded and “use this pack first” alert sticker placed on packaging).
• Ensure a date checking rota is in place and adhered to by the colleagues.
• RDM to carry out spot check during ongoing store visits.
• Recruitment to be completed for additional 30 hours to account for increased workload from newly acquired care home.
• Overtime/relief cover to be utilised until recruitment completed.